I have anxiety, depression and was diagnosed with trigemeral neuralgia, can i get PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have anxiety, depression and was diagnosed with trigemeral neuralgia, can i get PIP?

Options
Julie19_83
Julie19_83 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi.y name is Julie. I'm 35. Never knew about this group until having a wee nose about online to see if I could qualify for pip. I've just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I suffer from sever anxiety and depression . I get thos horrid fear of I know I have to go out there for I need to prepare my self mentally ect . Had it since I had my 2 year old daughter was born. It's got worse after I had my baby 8 weeks ago. When I was 7 weeks pregnant I was diagnosed with trigemeral neuralgia . Worst pain I have ever experienced. It's a nerve pain in my head and when I have a flare up which is very painful. It starts with tooth ache like pain at the bottom of my jaw and works up to the top of the left side of my mouth and then the whole left side of my face feels like some one is going down it with a hot poker. The pain is excruciating . To the point that nothing pain relief wise helps it. I'm on epileptic medication for my condition. Has any one ever got pip for my condition? For both my conditions . It's frustrating and if anything it's making my anxiety and depression worse as it can just come on out of the blue. Thanks for reading 
X

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You can't compare yourself to anyone else when claiming PIP because we're all affected differently.

Have you taken a look at the PIP descriptors and done some research into what they mean? For PIP isn't about scoring points in different activites and 8 points is needed for an award and there's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility.

You must also have had the condition for at least 3 months and expect it to last a further 9 months at least.

Evidence will be needed to support a claim because they rarely contact anyone for any of this.

A face to face assessment is most likely needed as most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.