Moved From SG to WRAG Appeal Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moved From SG to WRAG Appeal Help

Options
cldcp00
cldcp00 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
I have recently received a letter from the tribunal informing me of the date of my appeal. I am appealing the fact that the DWP have moved me from the support group to the work related activity group. I have been in the support group for the last 2 1/2 years for severe depression and anxiety, but at my last assessment I was moved.

I have a report from my consultant psychiatrist and also a letter from my doctor stating that any work at this stage of my recovery would not be beneficial to me. It seems like the DWP have totally disregarded this evidence.

I have also written a letter to the DWP describing my symptoms of extreme irritation when put in unfamiliar situations and how it can lead to me unintentionally lashing out, this also has been ignored.

This whole process has stressed me out to the point where I really don't have anything more to say to the kids DWP more than reports and letters that have been already submitted. I have approached my local support group for help  but they are basically overrun cannot help me with my appeal.

As it stands I will be attending the appeal on my own and my anxiety is going through the roof.

Can anybody advise me is it worth me still going although I have no support from anyone.

Thanks You
Desmond

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If it was your local CAB that you asked, most of them no longer attend Tribunals because of lack of funding. Try this link to see if there's any other advice centre near you. Welfare rights or a law centre will be a good place to start. https://advicelocal.uk/

When sending extra evidence you should send it to the Tribunal, not to DWP.

If you can't get anyone to go with you from an advice centre at this late stage, is there a family member or friend that could go with you? If at any point you said that you don't go anywhere alone and you attend the Tribunal alone then it could go against you. I'm not saying it will, but it could. Appearing in person will still give you the best chance of a decision in your favour because they will want to see for their self, what you're like and will want you to answer those questions in your own words.

Only about 8% of paper based hearings are successful, compared with 50% for those that aren't represented, so the difference is quite a lot. In my opinion it's always still worth going. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.