Assesment concerns — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment concerns

Options
deedee55
deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Talk about been in a state. Having to change from dla which i had for life to pip. My dr sent the letter requesting home assesment which us what hapoened in my esa 2 years ago. They sent apoiintment at assesment centre. I rang them they got me in such a terrible state i had a panic attack online. I have alot of meducal conditions i take 25/39 tablets a day plus inhalers and sterouds. I also have anxiety and stress aling with agorophobia. They saud they will look agaun at drs letter but if they say no i will have to attend a centre even thougth the gp will have to give me drugs to get me there. How can they get a true assesment if im off my head partialky sedated. Ti make it worse before may i will have to go through it all agaun fir my esa. I wush i wasnt such a bloody coward cis id. Have ended my lufe aling tume ago. I nursed my mum fir 29 years and alk this when its 3rd anniversary if her death in 18th. Gid help me get through this.xxx

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @deedee55

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear what you have been going through. I hope you are able to get a home assessment instead and your next ESA assessment goes well.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Please keep us updated and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. ;)

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    deedee55 said:
    Talk about been in a state. Having to change from dla which i had for life to pip. My dr sent the letter requesting home assesment which us what hapoened in my esa 2 years ago. They sent apoiintment at assesment centre. I rang them they got me in such a terrible state i had a panic attack online. I have alot of meducal conditions i take 25/39 tablets a day plus inhalers and sterouds. I also have anxiety and stress aling with agorophobia. They saud they will look agaun at drs letter but if they say no i will have to attend a centre even thougth the gp will have to give me drugs to get me there. How can they get a true assesment if im off my head partialky sedated. Ti make it worse before may i will have to go through it all agaun fir my esa. I wush i wasnt such a bloody coward cis id. Have ended my lufe aling tume ago. I nursed my mum fir 29 years and alk this when its 3rd anniversary if her death in 18th. Gid help me get through this.xxx
    Quick question - do you visit your GP at the surgery or do they see you at home?
    That is basically how they decide if you should get a home visit or have to go to an assessment centre.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.