Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

SDP Reinstatement

nig_64nig_64 Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, now that the legislation preventing people in receipt of SDP going on UC has come into force does anyone know if there has been any announcement when those on already UC that have lost Severe Disability Premium will get it again and get their back pay as the new rules say they will?

Replies

• JCCJCC Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hello, thank you for your question.  It is something we need to know and I believe one of the knowledgeable folk on here will be able to answer shortly.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,147 Disability Gamechanger
    nig_64 said:
    Hi, now that the legislation preventing people in receipt of SDP going on UC has come into force does anyone know if there has been any announcement when those on already UC that have lost Severe Disability Premium will get it again and get their back pay as the new rules say they will?
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there's been no further announcements.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • nig_64nig_64 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks for the reply, I thought not but asked just in case I'd missed something.
    I lost my SDP when I moved and the council HB people said I had to make a new claim for UC which I have since discovered was totally wrong advice! 
    I've tried rattling the UC's cage but their people I've spoken to are claiming no knowledge of any change as yet.
Sign in or join us to comment.