ESA (c) exceeded ESA (ir) not entitled to backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA (c) exceeded ESA (ir) not entitled to backpay

beckbail
beckbail Community member Posts: 37 Connected
Hi I've received a letter today saying I'm not entitled to ESA backpay from 2014 however when I first sent the letter back they said it was going from 2012. Will I receive another letter about this or is there final decision also when on ESA all them years I cannot remember getting any enhanced disability premium so should I ring and query this Monday. I'm absolutely gutted to be honest 

Comments

• beckbail
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,334 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you transfer from Incapacity benefit? and were you placed into the support group when you transferred across?

also when you transferred how much transitional support protection did you receive? The transitional support protection will also affect the amount of income related top up you're entitled to.

I note it says "why you're not due ESA (IR) you're entitlement to ESA (c) exceeded your entitlement to ESA (IR)" this tells me that the transitional support protection you received was more than the top ( enhanced disability premium)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beckbail
    When I spoke to the department about the ESA form I had to fill in they said it was going from 2012 as that's when I was transferred from IB to ESA. I was receiving back then I would say about £107 per week so about 2014 per fortnightly I cant exactly remember the amount, I cant remember receiving any disability premiums I never claimed pip or dla either
  • beckbail
    Sorry £214 fortnightly 
  • poppy123456
    The earliest they're back dated money is to Nov 2011, so i have no idea why they only assessed you from 2014.

From the dates they assessed you then it will also depend on your circumstances at that time. They do have a very strange way of wording letters a lot of the time. Other things are taken into consideration too when assessing you for this. Is there a page on the letter showing you how they worked it out, there should be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • beckbail
    No that's is basically all I have received there was nothing else with it just that the back of that page is just details of them saying they treat all illnesses fairly I will post this. I lived with my parents I had no savings or any other income at all and I only moved in with my partner in 2017 and I was off ESA then. Its just confusing it really is
  • beckbail
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is ring them on Monday.
  • beckbail
    I will do @poppy123456 and see what they say. Thanks for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.