PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

SAMandCHARLEY
SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hello All, I was awarded PIP as you know a short time ago and when i was talking to someone yesterday she says she also got PIP and they stopped hers a few weeks later, and she says they can stop it any time they want whether you have just been awarded it or not, please can you tell me if this is true

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    Yes they can stop it at any time but they have to have a reason for doing so.
    They also can re-assess you at anytime even though they may have given an award length .

Much like ESA and now UC, the face of benefits has changed forever in part because of the TV series 'Benefit Street' etc.

The government are/have removed the certainty of benefit income to continue. Now it is paid on a week by week, month by month basis with the claimant having to continually prove eligibility. None of this - once on it - and forget about it attitude.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    thanks for your reply

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.