If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Feeling worried

bluewaterbluewater Posts: 10Member Listener
Hi ive been prescribed gabapentin for nerve pain as i have cervical neck stenosis,ive I read about possible side affects and I'm really worried about taking them.i would love to hear from anyone who are taking them or have used them.thankyou.xx

Replies

• wilkowilko Posts: 1,919Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome,you have to remember that all drugs have a side  effect some people have a worst effect than others. While most tolerate the effects for the good they can or do do. I would read the leaflet that comes with the drug and understand what the possible side effects may or could be and if you start to have any of the side effects phone your pharmacy for advice and consult with your GP who may be able to prescribe a lower dose or different prescription. Myself having tried four different statins right down to a very low dose my body can’t torolate themso my GP infomercial that’s my lot so takeing nut in my diet to help hopefully to keep my heart heathy.
  • bluewaterbluewater Posts: 10Member Listener
    Thankyou for replying sorry to hear your having health problems, yes i know what you have said is true i must be brave and start taking them.xx
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 844Member Pioneering
    edited February 18
    I've been on gabapentin 900mg per day plus morphine based drugs. Like any drug you  will only start to find out what symptoms you will or might get by taking them. 

Ive been on them for about five years now. From memory it made me feel a little bit drosey nothing more. 
    ✅👀From the Labour manifesto 21st November 2019👀✅
    ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
    The Tories’ flagship social security programme, Universal Credit (UC),
    has been a catastrophe. It has pushed thousands of people into poverty, caused families to lose their homes and forced parents to visit food banks in order to feed their children.
    Labour will scrap UC. We will immediately stop moving people onto it and design an alternative system that treats people with dignity and respect. Our ambition in designing this system will be to end poverty by guaranteeing a minimum standard of living.
    Tory cuts are pushing people into rent arrears and leaving them at risk of homelessness. We will stop housing costs running away from benefits
    by scrapping the bedroom tax and increasing the Local Housing Allowance.
    Labour stands with and for disabled people. We will always challenge stigma and discrimination wherever it is found and support the right of disabled people to live independently and be treated with respect.
    We will stop the dehumanising Work Capability and PIP Assessments,
    which repeatedly and falsely find ill or disabled people fit to work, and make sure all assessments are done in-house.
    Time and again disabled people have had to fight through the courts to receive the support they are entitled to.

• bluewaterbluewater Posts: 10Member Listener
    Thankyou for your reply.
Sign in or join us to comment.