Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

Options
Gary01522
Gary01522 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
The very fact of trying to type think remember. and seeing figures of authority. frightening. along with cloudy foggy brain however its named. Makes trying to explain my illness difficult .
    I was on Disability Living at the highest rate. At my pip hearing appointment. my brain goes into panic mode. so i agree with everything suggested. my wife did her best to steer me into the truth. but i talked gibberish. and just wanted it over.
     I lost around £130 a month. but the fear and panic it has left in my memory. I am too afraid of contesting the result.
     Just how many others have similar problems.m with negative results.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Lots of other people have been refused or they don't receive the award they're happy with but lots of others are successfully awarded and receive the award they're happy with.

PIP and DLA are different and PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

Were you awarded anything?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I get exactly the same! Talk ****** to some of the so called 'experts' then can't remember what was said. I now try to remember? to write things down as you think them and say to whoever you have to speak to, that you have social anxiety try and breathe deeply, hope something helps babe, it's crippling I know xx
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Options
    Also I find drugs and alcohol help???? xx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.