disability income guarantee — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

disability income guarantee

Lyn7
Lyn7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, jst received DWP letter stating my D.I.G. of £16.80 per wk. will be stopping  Sept.this year when reaching my pension age.Does pension replace ESA when time arrives? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to apply for your state pension
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Apply for you state pension at least no one bothers you any more with rotten rules and regulations or wca enjoy your retirement.
  • kel090
    kel090 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Does anyone know anything about pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,031 Disability Gamechanger
    kel090 said:
    Does anyone know anything about pip
    What would you like to know, can you give us some more information?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You may be eligible for PIP if you’re under State Pension age (and over 16) and need help with daily living activities or getting around, or both. If you’re awarded PIP before you’re of State Pension age, you’ll continue to receive it after too. You can still make a claim if you’re working.

You might like to call the Age UK advice line to get more information

Age UK Advice Line

0800 678 1602

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lyn7
    Lyn7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanx 4 this info. Av never claimed Pip b4, gt numerous illnesses & pending ops etc, so al try that number 4 Age uk Advice line u kindly mentioned, so thankyou 4 that & al let u know how I gt on, ok ? 
    Thanx agzin, ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.