PIP Appeals - don't give up! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeals - don't give up!

Paulines7
Paulines7 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone.  I am a mother and carer for my 41 year old son who has mental health problems.  I have represented him in 3 Tribunal Appeals (DLA, PIP and the disability element of Universal Credit) and been successful.  For anyone about to go to an Appeal, I would say get as many reports as possible from GP's, mental health teams, psychologists, welfare officers or any other professional person who has had dealings with the person claiming. I also sent in my own report.  The reports should then be sent to the Tribunal well before the hearing and they can be attached to an email rather than posting them.   I also persuaded my son's support worker to come to his PIP Appeal.  My husband and I were there too.  All I can say to those who have been refused benefits is DON'T GIVE UP.  

Comments

• liamadair
    liamadair Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Am waiting for the decision, got the assessers report and scored 4 points? i have throat cancer and prostrate cancer and recent heart attack, and they say am fit, lost everything? do i ask for a mr or wait for decision?
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited February 2019

Hello @Paulines7

Thank you so much for sharing your story and advice with us with us today. I am sure members will find it inspiring.

Tribunals can be very draining.  I am happy to see that you have had a positive outcome.

Take care

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.