Hi, my name is Lisa51! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lisa51!

Lisa51
Lisa51 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone lam new to this group. I have Emphysema. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lisa51
    Do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa51 welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @Lisa51 welcome to the community.
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering

Hi @lisa51

Welcome!

is there anything that we can help you with today?

• timmyy22
    timmyy22 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    I applied for pip first time on 16th January 19. 

Received a letter from independent assessment services on 12th February 19 saying 'we are independent assessment services. We conduct personal independence payment assessments for dwp. Our job is to help dwp understand how your health condition or disability affects your daily life.

One of our health professionals has looked at the information you sent to dwp. We're writing to let you know that we've asked for further information from people involved in your treatment or care.

We've done this to make sure the assessment report we send to dwp about your case is fair and accurate.

Once we've got the further information we've asked for, our health professional may be able to finish your assessment report for dwp without having to see you in person.'

Then got a text on 18th February 19 from dwp saying 'We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.'

Called independent assessment services on same day as text and they say no f2f needed.

I only sent them a doctor's report with my pip form so wondering why no f2f.

I suffer from depression ,anxiety and chronic dsh.

Any info would be welcome thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.