If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

KLEINE LEVIN SYNDROME ( KLS )

topkat1topkat1 Posts: 4Member Connected
Hi all at scope. I see I missed the discussion on rare diseases :-( but would like to say that I have been diagnosed with KLEINE LEVIN SYNDROME ( KLS ) . It s a neurological sleep disorder, which has been referred to previously in the media as 'sleeping beauty syndrome' but believe me....that is a far cry from the reality of it! Are there any others with KLS on here? We have a fab community online which are so supportive and informative. I also have athritis in jaw, hands and spine, scoliosis and sclerosis of spine, dropped foot with numbness from knee down on left leg...and a few other little medical ailments. I must admit too that I have not been engaging with scope as I should and will try to be more involved in the future.....

Replies

• LaughingLollyLaughingLolly Posts: 88Member Pioneering
    edited February 21
    Thanks for.explaining your syndrome @Topcat1  . With so many ailments now do you manage to keep positive each day and what helps you in low moments? 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 
  • Adam_ScopeAdam_Scope Posts: 164Member Pioneering

Hi @topkat

Thank you for sharing with us and for being part of our community.

Let us know if we can help you with anything/

• topkat1topkat1 Posts: 4Member Connected
    @LaughingLolly It can be quite difficult to keep positive but I try and laugh a lot, keeps your spirits up doesn't it :-). I have some really good friends who keep me going when I feel low and I try and remember that there are those a lot worse off than myself. Doesn't always work but you have to keep trying, never give up. I also have a really supportive KLS online community where I can offload to those that understand what I am going through. I also come here and read community posts...and knowing I am not alone is a definite positive. x
  • topkat1topkat1 Posts: 4Member Connected
    @Adam_Scope Thank you and I will x
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @topkat1, and a warm welcome to the community!

It's great to have you here and particularly great to learn a bit more about Kleine Levin Syndrome. I hadn't heard of it before so it really is good to hear more about it. Please do get involved with the community, and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know!
Sign in or join us to comment.