Old claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Old claim

pigeon55
pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
I haven't received any contrbition based esa since Feb 2017 when after my assessment they decided I was fit for work joke. Did the Mr and all the appeals at court. Took over 14 months. Then was advised to claim uc was getting nothing at the start as my wife works then was sent for assessment and was found unfit to work so for the last 6 months I have been receiving benifit of different amount due to my wife's earnings. Recently revived note that my claim for uc is affected by my esa benifit I haven't received any esa benifit from Feb 2017 apart from they say they paying ni contribution. So how does this affect my uc.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It can't affect it if you're not receiving any payments for the ESA. If you were receiving payments then your Contributions based ESA would be deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payments. As you're not, then there's nothing to deduct. They do have some very strange way of wording letters at times.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Thank you for your reply was just a bit confussing for me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.