Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is Castiel!

CastielCastiel Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in Welcomes and introductions
Hello just saying hi newbie.

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Castiel welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CastielCastiel Member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited February 2019
    Yes, sure. I have two children. I have a wonderful girlfriend, now after many years of being alone. I'm trying to write a novel even though I have learning disabilities. When people tell me I can't I mostly tell them I can. I did not want my disabilities to affect my children so try and stay positive, not always easy. When I'm not writing I raise money for good causes and try to bring a little kindness back into the world. I am a giant nerd and a big Supernatural fan. I was assaulted at the last Convention I went to but we have come up with the idea of starting a blog to help those people that don't understand disabilities. You can't fight hate with hate after all. Yeah, that's me not exciting. 
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,911 Disability Gamechanger
    It's great that you would like to right w novel and I am sure many people could relate to. I am sorry to hear that you got assaulted. I am superhero obsessed and would love to go to a ComiCon as we both love Marvel :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Castiel

Welcome it’s great to meet you today 👍

That’s a great idea yes you are right you can’t fight hate with hate.

Please please keep me updated on your progress if you don’t mind ??????

@steve51
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Member Posts: 1,783 Pioneering
    Hi @Castiel

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for sharing this with us :)
  • Adam_ScopeAdam_Scope Member Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited February 2019

Hi @Castiel

Welcome to the community.

I admire your positivity and can-do attitude. I am sorry you experienced this at your last convention. 

Feel free to get involved and share your thoughts in our recent discussions  and take a look at our community guidelines.

I wish you the best of luck with your blog, It's a great Idea.

Take care

Sign in or join us to comment.