Retirement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Retirement

Options
northendchamps
northendchamps Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello

I retire in November 2020.and I am trying to work out my finances from that date. 

As background information I have no private pension and I qualify for the full state pension. 

At present I am in.receipt of Contibition based esa and I am in. the group for those who are deemed unfit to carry out any work. In addition to ESA I also receive DLA Mobility element at the higher rate and the Care element at the middle. rate. Do I lose all these benefits when I retire. Also as is apparent from the information I have not yet been reassessed under PIP nor have I been.movex onto Universal credit. When can I expect. to be moved  onto PIP and universal credit. If when I reach retirement age I.have still not been assessed for PIP or UC what happems
Thank you 

Peter Vickers 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,301 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When you reach state pension age your ESA will stop and you'll receive your state pension because ESA is a working age benefit. UC doesn't apply either because it's a working age benefit.

As you were under 65 on 8th April 2013 then you will eventually be invited to apply for PIP. There's still a lot of people waiting to be invited to apply. Once you are assessed for PIP, if you're successfully awarded then it will continue for as long as your qualify.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @northendchamps, and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope the above guidance from Poppy is helpful. If we can be of any further assistance, do let us know.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.