PIP Review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review

jw0957
jw0957 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning everyone. I have my PIP 1st Review meeting today and lm stressed to bits. I lost my ESA as assessor deemed me fit for work. I’ve been waiting on appeal since 1Jan and stress is sending my no bp high to point my gp needs to change my meds. To add to that stress l now have  PIP review. My condition of osteoarthritis has progressed over the last 2 years and more often than not l can’t walk without my knees giving excessive pain. My last review was decided in my favour without me having to attend an assessment. I understand only to well telnet need to review from time to time but increased stress is making me ill. I’m worried now that DWP will stop my PIP like they stopped my ESA. Has anyone else had this. TIA

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @jw0957

Welcome to the community and sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear the PIP review was stressful.

How are you doing this afternoon?

I am hoping your PIP will not be stopped, please try not worry. Some of our members may be able to support you with this soon..
  • jw0957
    Antonia_Scope thanks for reply. It was stressful and emotional but l have to put it behind me so l can cope until PIP is either awarded again or stopped. They say 6 to 8 weeks....... God it’s such a long time to be worrying with my bp being so high but that’s a normal time frame. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear you're feeling worried, @jw0957. The waiting time can be really tough, but the most important thing of all is that you're taking care of yourself. Do you have people around you who can support you?
  • jw0957
    Pippa_Scope
    yes thank you, my daughter is my saving grace, my sisters and brothers are also making sure lm ok. It’s lovely having a big family of siblings and l feel blessed ?
  • jw0957
    Good Morning all

Just wanted to update you about my PIP assessment. it is with a huge relief and emotion that my PIP has been extended until 2023 and a mobility component was awarded too.  Relief that someone finally agreed that my condition isn't getting better but, I'm managing it with the help of my daughter.  Now I can move forward to my ESA appeal and hope that the negative decision can be reversed and ESA re-instated. I need to put all this stress behind me.  I really appreciate your advice and the fact you are all here to support us. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited March 2019
    Ahh good news! Congrats! Thanks for posting that @jw0957 I'm currently going through a review and have been quite worried due to the number of horror stories you see on the net, it's always nice to read a post like yours.

I hope your ESA tribunal goes well :) please keep us updated.
  • jw0957
    WF2k 
    thank you so much for your reply. It’s always nice to hear good news as you say. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.