If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Payment after appeal win

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why the DWP doesn't mind losing appeals.

Replies

• saz1saz1 Posts: 1Member Listener
    Hi i won appeal tribunal 3 weeks ago after stopped in 2017.  I have severe depression anxiety FND and other health problems. I called today to see when payment will be made and she asked if I went abroad last year. I said yes for a week with my family and they said they will contact me in next couple of weeks. I am so so worried they are not going to accept tribunals decision and not pay. We are barely meeting our bills and owe my father in law so much money. I don't know what to do i am such an emotional physical and financial burden on my hubby and daughter 
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,250Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP can only appeal the tribunal decision if an error in law can be found. They may ask for a statement of reason from the judge but seldom take it any further. Usually a trabunal award is put into payment 4-8 weeks
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,856Member Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @saz1!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling worried, and I hope the above guidance is helpful. I know the waiting can be tough but these things can take time. Do feel free to keep us updated, and first and foremost, make sure you're taking care of yourself!
  • david250david250 Posts: 6Member Listener
    I win my pip tribunal six weeks ago..... i have one year back dater to come..... they keep putting it back two times now they said i get payed and still no payment  they said keep checking my bank  still no payment i get the feeling they are going to long it out to they can i suffer from mental heath issues, its so stressful    i dont know what to do  i need that pip money so i can get car  i am stuck in my house day and nite and my mental heath is getting bad
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 15,111Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    david250 said:
    I win my pip tribunal six weeks ago..... i have one year back dater to come..... they keep putting it back two times now they said i get payed and still no payment  they said keep checking my bank  still no payment i get the feeling they are going to long it out to they can i suffer from mental heath issues, its so stressful    i dont know what to do  i need that pip money so i can get car  i am stuck in my house day and nite and my mental heath is getting bad
    It can take 8 weeks to receive backdate money. Hopefully not long now, unfortunately there's nothing more you can do until you hear from DWP.
  • david250david250 Posts: 6Member Listener
    ok thanks for your time
Sign in or join us to comment.