PIP assessment cancelled at 7PM today for appointment tomorrow at 9:15am! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment cancelled at 7PM today for appointment tomorrow at 9:15am!

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
This past month I had organised care for our 1yr old daughter whilst me and my partner attended the health assessment. Literally just 5 minutes ago I received a text saying the appointment had been cancelled and to call to find out why. I called and apparently the health professional can't attend tomorrow morning, or the day after and it would be automatically rebooked in next 2 weeks...What the actual...

They literally had a month to let me know, even worse it's now 7pm and we had everything sorted, I even paid £20 for fuel today since the appointment is 30 miles away. Why let me know now, I understand people get sick or have tasks to attend to, but really at 7pm the day before the assessment for someone with a completely life altering and distressing illness.

I'm not pleased, and it's a massive issue for us since I can't get in contact with my aunt who was looking forward to spending the morning with out daughter.

Comments

• Guardian9622
    Guardian9622 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    They cancelled my original home visit at 10am for a 1200 appointment stating staff illness. I know it happens, buts it's frustrating!
  • AhhBisto
    They cancelled my original home visit at 10am for a 1200 appointment stating staff illness. I know it happens, buts it's frustrating!
    It really is and the worst thing is they don't provide the same generosity when it comes to claimants being sick
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Firstly, with whom were you having the Assessment ?Capita or ATOS? Secondly, make an immediate complaint to DWP  and tell them that you have incurred expenses in preparation for tomorrow's assessment, and you want it to be reimbursement. Keep the receipts for fuel. Thirdly, make a formal complaint, in writing, to whichever, assessment company and copy in DWP. 
    Keep notes of all conversations and text or email messages from the assessment company. I  suggest you make your MP aware of the situation. They all have email addresses. Both CAPITA and ATOS are under scrutiny in respect of their conduct and their dealings with claimants  Good Luck. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it's frustrating such short notice, this happens slot in the NHS with planed operations. I person I know her husband said his wife has had four heart operations cancelled. All ok now recovering well

• AhhBisto
    Firstly, with whom were you having the Assessment ?Capita or ATOS? Secondly, make an immediate complaint to DWP  and tell them that you have incurred expenses in preparation for tomorrow's assessment, and you want it to be reimbursement. Keep the receipts for fuel. Thirdly, make a formal complaint, in writing, to whichever, assessment company and copy in DWP. 
    Keep notes of all conversations and text or email messages from the assessment company. I  suggest you make your MP aware of the situation. They all have email addresses. Both CAPITA and ATOS are under scrutiny in respect of their conduct and their dealings with claimants  Good Luck. 
    It was with capita, I actually record all phone calls for my own personal reference. I just want for an appointment to be stuck to, the money is important but atm, my partner has been sick with worry since her illness effects the way she thinks and she knows she doesn't understand what she can and can't do. And that's not an inspirational meme, she literally struggles to understand her capabilities, so she's been panicking trying to show someone how her life is impacted.

• AhhBisto
    wilko said:
    Yes it's frustrating such short notice, this happens slot in the NHS with planed operations. I person I know her husband said his wife has had four heart operations cancelled. All ok now recovering well

That sounds awful, operations are scary as it is let alone on the heart!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I realise how frustrating it is when assessments are canceled. I once had an assessment canceled and i was on my way to the assessment centre.

Unfortunately, we can't predict what's going to happen in the future and despite the bad name assessors have from some people, they can still become ill, like everyone else.

Hopefully you'll receive another assessment date very soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.