ESA50....phonecall ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA50....phonecall ?

booboo73
booboo73 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi everyone 

I completed my Esa50 form a few weeks ago regarding the underpayments . I have been told I 99% fit the criteria to be successful.

I just have a phone call from the Esa..... asking me to confirm I live alone? I said yes I do and she said thank you I'm just processing your claim, maybe I'm paranoid but she sounded very abrupt. 
I am confused by this  as I do live alone and ticked this on the form so why would she be ringing up ....has this happened to anyone else?

Also she said she was processing the form and I and i should get a decision next week... I thought they wanted bank statements first.... I have no saving and never have had. 
Thanks allxxx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Do you mean the ESA3 form? The ESA50 form is the work capability assessment form.

The question you were asked about living alone. Do you claim PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care? If so does anyone claim carers allowance for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    Hi @booboo73

If by the end of this week you haven't had your decision, it may be worth ringing for clarification.  Our members will be able to confirm for you if this has happened to them.

Keep us posted.

• booboo73
    booboo73 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    HI
    They were great and I have been successful. They made a payment Thurs evening at 7pm, do you know when I will receive it please Adam?
    They were really helpful and kind....not at  all what I expected from DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    booboo73 said:
    HI
    They were great and I have been successful. They made a payment Thurs evening at 7pm, do you know when I will receive it please Adam?
    They were really helpful and kind....not at  all what I expected from DWP?
    A bacs payment from DWP takes 3-4 working days to go into a bank account depending on who you bank with. It could be tomorrow or Wednesday. If you don't receive payment by end of the week then ring DWP to ask what's happening.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.