If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Other benefits

jayannjayann Posts: 3Member Listener
My son has just turned 17 he has aspergers syndrome and was refused pip is there any thing else he can claim 

Replies

• Hollyflynn22Hollyflynn22 Posts: 10Member Listener
    edited February 28
    You should definitely appeal the decision and then go to tribunal. 

If if you have all the relevant informatiom it could be worth a try, 65% of tribunals run in favor of you. 

All the best 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 15,175Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Mandatory reconsideration is the first step and you need to request this within 1 month of the date of the decision. If that fails and most do then it's Tribunal.

There's no other disability benefit he can claim.
  • jayannjayann Posts: 3Member Listener
    I did and they refused again was going though courts with tax credits so missed the time to appeal again was told had to apply within one month 
  • jayannjayann Posts: 3Member Listener
    Can you apply again with them as told me they gave him a 0 on everything and ca worked it out that he should of got points for things
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,250Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    You have up to 13 months to appeal to the tribunal.
    If you have no award in payment then there is no waiting time to reapply, however unless you have new evidence the result is likely to be the same
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.