sunshine00 my sons just been diagnosed with autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sunshine00 my sons just been diagnosed with autism

Options
caithrina
caithrina Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi I'm just wondering.  if any one with new diagnosis.. could help me .. understand.. everything that happens .. he has a district nurse . He also has had a lady he goes to thur sure start . For sensory play .. he is verbal but limited .. I've had quite a few visits with a few other ladys .. an they say it's for plan in action.. I'm waiting on word from education authority.. to see what school he will be placed in 
. He has moderate to severe learning difficulties.. but it seems I'm going from pillar to post on that matter .. I didn't send him to nursey.  As he is not potty trained .. I'm trying to get him potty trained .. so it's a little challenging.. can anyone help on this matter .. just so I have some understanding..an what to expect.. kind reguards.. 

Comments

• Beverley_Scope
    Beverley_Scope Scope Posts: 84 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @caithrina

I am a parent advisor for Scope for a service  called Navigate.  

We are a service for parents who have recently had a child diagnosed with a disability or impairment or going through diagnosis. This support is over a period of six weeks and we are there to support the parent with any emotional issues or practical support that we can offer. 

There is a link to an online form below.

http://scope.org.uk/navigate

If you feel that we could help you in any way you can complete the online form and we will get back to you, or we are open until 8pm for telephone enquiries.  The number is 0808 801 0510.

I hope that we can support you.

Beverley
    Beverley Davies
    Parent Advisor
    Navigate

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.