P.I.P Assessment early? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P Assessment early?

Wendy33
Wendy33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
In Dec 2014 I was awarded P.I.P for 5yrs until Dec 2019, then in Dec 2018 I was sent a review pack which had to be returned by middle January 2019 and I will then be sent a letter for a P.I.P Assessment for April 2019. (I got a call from the DWP to let me know about cancellations if I wanted an earlier assessment) so I was wondering why would I be getting an assessment 8 months before my award ends, it seems so strange. Any knowledge on this would be helpful. Thank you

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    There just sending assessments out willy nilly 
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Wendy33 said:
    In Dec 2014 I was awarded P.I.P for 5yrs until Dec 2019, then in Dec 2018 I was sent a review pack which had to be returned by middle January 2019 and I will then be sent a letter for a P.I.P Assessment for April 2019. (I got a call from the DWP to let me know about cancellations if I wanted an earlier assessment) so I was wondering why would I be getting an assessment 8 months before my award ends, it seems so strange. Any knowledge on this would be helpful. Thank you

Hi @Wendy33
    I cannot answer you specifically, but I personally would take up the offer of an earlier assessment in this instance. With the way things are these days, it could take several months as it is. It is highly unlikely that your current award will be stopped or placed on hold, and so I'd get it done and out of the way, myself... 

The Scope community may have better advice and I'm sure that somebody will provide you with some. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is DWP policy to review a year before the end date. This is to avoid a gap in payment. If you were not assessed until the end of your award then your money would stop until a new decision is made.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wendy33 welcome to the community! They can send a review form out to you anything up to a year before your award is due to end 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ceasar
    ceasar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My award ends sept 2019 but i just had assesment 6 months early they can call u up whenever they like 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    ceasar said:
    My award ends sept 2019 but i just had assesment 6 months early they can call u up whenever they like 
    Review forms are always sent out 1 year before the award is due to end. Usually assessments do take place before the award is due to end. If you're successful then you'll have a new award date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.