ESA Reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Reassessment

Options
chrissy93
chrissy93 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi. I have been on ESA now for coming up 5 years, in the support group too.
my disability i have is a colostomy which I have had since I was 3 years old, I have no hope of having it reversed, this is a lifelong condition I have. As a result of this I have 18 inches of my bowel from the anus up over not working, this also means my nerve endings are dead. One problem I have is I regularly 4 to 5 times a week pass lots of mucus and also blood, with hard lumps of mucus from my anus. But as I explained due to a lot of my bowel not working and no nerve endings I can’t feel when this is going to happen or when it has happened. This results in me being sat in mucous and blood which results in soreness and changing of clothes, bath/showers upwards of 10 times a day.
Regarding the colostomy bag itself, I have large granulomas around my stoma, this results in them bleeding a lot which means the bag often doesn’t stick properly meaning I have substantial leakage.
But I have now received another ESA50 questionnaire form, I’m afraid that I will lose my place in the support group even though I have a disability which is certainly lifelong and is only going to get worse as the years go on. This has made me frustrated and also my stoma nurse who has known me since I had the colostomy thinks the reassessment is stupid.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.