Late letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Late letter

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi, I received a note on my journal on the 2nd of march to say I had been put into the support group. . But ive still not had my letter within seven days to confirm that.. when will be the date that I get put into the suppprt group

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. You'll need to ring UC to ask that question unfortunately. No one on an internet forum can answer that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    What am trying to say us the 3 month assesment period was up on the 5th of march and I shud of had the letter to confirm that but I havent.. will they take it from when the case manager lets me know what is happening or from the date it gt put on my journal,  because if it goes over the 3 months will they nt owe me bk pay
  • poppy123456
    You should have been sent a decision letter once the decision was made. The waiting period is 3 months but because UC is paid in arrears which means you won't be paid the extra £328 until the 4 month of your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bevvy1966
    But I first went on sick on the 14th of November,  so thats over the 12 weeks
  • poppy123456
    It starts from when you sent in your first sick note. You said your assessment period ended on 5th March but you won't be paid until the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first sick note. Please note that it's not counted as weeks for UC, it's months which is slightly different.

If it's longer than 4 months then you'll need to ring UC. If they do owe you anything then you'll be backdated the money.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.