NAS not much use — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NAS not much use

Grenville
Grenville Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited March 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
Following my last discussion about the poor services, with adults who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.  Mine being from August 2018.  I then looked at social support groups.  I live in South East Northumberland, there is none.  This was confirmed with a therapist who helped me with other issues.  He was appalled there was nothing.  I contacted the National Autisic Society who just sent me back to the same old organisations.  The discussion via email became heated why so orientated around Adults which Children, Also why the only group was 35 miles away, Why nothing from Newcastle Upon tyne area, and South East Northumberland.  I decided to bring it to an end as I found them so useless that I asked for my details to be removed.  In the dnd I decided to DIY,  Sadly many of these organisations are useless for single people in the North East area, North of Sunderland.  I did find something out but that was off my own back by going south of the Tyne River looking online etc

Comments

• Ununpentium
    Ununpentium Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    It's a shame there aren't many resources in your area. I think the NAS may be able to help you start a group in your area. There must be others who would love to attend  a group once it was started. 
    Sarah - Online Community Volunteer
  • Grenville
    Yes but they are not interested and If and when I return to work I will not have the time. Why Should I contact them, they were not interested, like anyone who does not help or provide a service I finish it.  You will just go around in circles for ever it has to end for my  own sanity.  
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Hi Grenville,

Would you be satisfied with Skype meet-ups, Facebook video, etc? To be a bit more particularly accurate, what specifically are you looking for (within the next step, consequently, after you meet the people)? Do you want just to find, meet, and talk? Well, if it's so then you can find it usable (the links below):

One could seem to think or even witness that people from NAS could've been viewed in a surprisingly different role (which doesn't frequently show up by someone else) rather than as an organizer of meet-ups... It's a matter of their resource management and the results of their public work indicate or even lay strong evidence that they prioritize to perform in unrelatedly different activities (what they don't really propagate themselves with but someone could have accidentally been considering that the reorganization of spendings is a progressive choice. Any result of a decision-making process will always bring "two sides", unfortunately).

Best,
    J. Vysvader
    You can feel free to get in touch 
  • Aura
    Aura Community member Posts: 43 Pioneering
    There's plenty of support for parents with Asbergers children, but nothing for adults with Aspbergers.
    All women are equal.  Deeds, not words.
  • Grenville
    Aura,

Thats is so true, I have made an appointment for councellng, removed my details from the NAS, gone back to work. Also used the Recovery College much better than waste more and more time to get the same result

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.