Legal aid for Esa tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Legal aid for Esa tribunal

Options
Nowheretorun
Nowheretorun Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi 
can anyone please  advise if you can get legal aid for an Esa tribunal and if so how you go about finding a legal aid solicitor 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry, legal aid is not available for tribunals but might be available if you need to take your claim further to the Upper Tier Tribunal. Depending on what your needs are you can try CAB. Welfare rights or a law centre near you
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nowheretorun
    Nowheretorun Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for the information x
  • freshwaterlilly
    freshwaterlilly Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Hi I have a child family matter at court in September I have been trying to get legal aid for over 3 months 
    the solicitor I have found has tried almost everything to help me even get this far 
    my son is 3 and autistic he has not seen his father for almost 18months CAFCASS are involved along with social workers refuse worker and police as this is a ongoing domestic abuse situation 
    legal aid we’re taking my sons DLA money into my capital this has now been dropped by them as they know DLA is not to be used in their calculations now they are saying the extra UC I get for my son is taken into account even though UC letter clearly states this is for a child with a disability 
    now I am being told yes I can get legal aid but I have to pay over £2000 upfront I’ve only got £2500 in my bank account can anyone give any any help or advise on this please 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @freshwaterlilly
    You will need to get some expert advice because I’m afraid I won’t be able to give any legal advice. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @freshwaterlilly

As Poppy said, we unfortunately don't give legal advice. I would encourage you to reach out to Citizen's Advice who may be able to help or point you in the right direction. 

I am so sorry about the situation you were in. Can I ask, are you safe? and do you have support around you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.