Lost PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost PIP appeal

Jaclied
Jaclied Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have just lost my pip apeal by phone call after the first paper hearing was set aside. Can I do any more or is this the last stop 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. You need to request the statement of reasons and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this. Once you receive this the only way you can appeal the decision is if an error in law was made, if it wasn't then i'm afraid that's the end of the road for this claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Jaclied welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you lost your PIP appeal. Some of our members will be able to answer this for you. 

You may be interested in our Further appeal to the Upper Tribunal page and there's more information on the on the Citizen Advice website.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jaclied

People have a much better chance of winning if they appear in person.

You can make a new PIP claim as soon as you like.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    With only 8% success rate of paper based hearings compared to 71% for those who appear in person the difference is huge. You do need to get expert advice here because applying again using the same evidence could see another refusal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaclied
    edited March 2019
    Hi I have just lost my pip apeal by phone call after the first paper hearing was set aside. Can I do any more or is this the last stop 
  • Jaclied
    Hi I have just phoned the courts and asked when my paperwork to the phone calling hearing today that I lost which I might add was already sorted before that call. The lady told me it's classed as a new hearing so once I get the paperwork back all may not be lost if I deside to keep trying with this 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jaclied and welcome

There is no waiting time to reapply if you have no award in payment. However, unless you have new evidence or a worstend condition the result is likely to be the same. You can ask for a statement of reason and the record of proceedings from the tribunal, if an error in law can be found then you may appeal to the UTT but you will need to get expert advice to do so
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Jaclied, there have been some replies to your other post (Lost PIP Appeal). Hopefully they're of some use to you.
    Best wishes,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.