Nearly died due to chronic Brittle asthma — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nearly died due to chronic Brittle asthma

Options
krissy43
krissy43 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all on new here so bear with me... 

I'm a teaching assistant... last year I had an allergic reaction to some meds I was taking i collapsed  at work... due to side effects I was off work for 2 weeks... so I fit trigger of 14 days so had a work related attendance review told I couldn't have a day off for 3 months and then no more than 14 days off in a year that was due to end in April this year.... fast forward to Nov 27 last year I had a major brittle asthma attack when I nearly died... spent time in icu then hdu and then respiratory  ward .. I was signed off work till school went back on Jan 5th ( 6 weeks)... I was in work 2 and half weeks.. was told I had to be out on playground most of they day total of 3 hours in one go. . I got so cold to the point my insides where shivering... it again gave me a really bad chest infection then on top of flu . I was signed off wkrm again from the end of Jan till yesterday (13/3/19) in that time my work asked me to go in for another work related attendance review... at this meeting while still off sick they said I couldn't have any more than 2 says off in 3 months and no more than 14 in a year again... but this time said I could be sacked if I do... well yesterday I got a letter from them saying that I wan now under investigation for my behaviour on social media  made the school look bad but I haven't put anything up about the school... I haven't put nothing on social media other than about my health... 

So today I went back to work... no one spoke to me.. felt really uncomfortable... found normal tasks really hard to.. got very out of breath... using my inhalers... a lot... I just dont feel that I can carry on working... 

I'm also under investigation  for heart problems... problems with my joints... and server allergies... I have so many recurrent  chest infection over the year..... I'm on lots of medications to try and keep this under control.. sorry I'm babbling...

What I want to know if I gave up my job due to my health what help I could get I have 2 children and rent private...

Sorry if you fell asleep reading it lol 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.