Pip review award ended — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review award ended

Options
cherry83
cherry83 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I have arthritis, fibromyalgia and nerve damage. I was awarded pip 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with arthritis on its own. Since then my condition has worsened been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and nerve damage.  Chronic pain constant neve issues, fatigue, leaves me unable to many of the pip descriptiors. I had my renewal assessment a few weeks ago and today I have been told they’ve took my pip off me completely scoring no points for anything. Stating the opposite to everything I said and everything that’s in my medical reports. They made the point I don’t have any involvement from anyone other than my GP which I don’t for the arthritis, fibromyalgia and nerve damage because I was put on medication and discharged back to my GP. I am awaiting to see a mental health nurse and an the orthopaedic clinic. But apparently that don’t count because it’s not happening right now? Which is stupid I can’t cobtrol the nhs waiting list can I! Also I’ve had aids from OT which they have ignored completely despite having the report on my first claim and again at renewal. I just don’t understand how I can go from getting standard daily living to nothing when I am far more impacted by my conditions now than I was when I first claimed. 
I’ve wrote a mandatory reconsideration, has anyone got any advice for me please? Before I send it? 

Comments

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Cherry .....its terrible the way the PIP people make you feel . I know people that have given up trying to get PIP simply because they cannot get their head around the forms . Please Get someone to help you fill out forms Cherry ...someone like CAB. 
    There are many in the same boat as yourself...What gets me is , why do people vote for and continue to get the same party in power ....only this time the paid the DUP to join with them by buying their votes ....this is meant to be a democracy where buying votes is  meant to be a no-no..
  • cherry83
    cherry83 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I’ve got help with the forms. I’m just annoyed they can take the award away despite my conditions being chronic and degenerative (except fibromyalgia) and how can they award you for the aids and adaptations in the first award then ignore them at review??
    yes politicians are sneaky, I understand their are benefit fraudsters out there but I’ve got proof and evidence that they’ve just ignored. Shouldn’t really be allowed to take the award away if you can evidence everything. Frustrating now that I will loose over £200 a month because they ignore what’s in front on them!
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Seanchai said:
    What gets me is , why do people vote for and continue to get the same party in power ....only this time the paid the DUP to join with them by buying their votes ....this is meant to be a democracy where buying votes is  meant to be a no-no..
    Maybe because people remember the mess that the alternative party got this country in?
    As for buying votes (DUP) you could look at how the alternative government had to get Clegg in to make up the numbers to stay in power?
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @cherry83, DId you ring dwp for your PA4 the report the assessor sends to DWP. You have every right to have it. If not that will tell you why you've been given 0 points. You need it to do an MR. Let us know how you get on and if you need any more help.      

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.