Travelling With Disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travelling With Disability

Options
wahyd
wahyd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
What are the best transport options for a disabled person to move around in a city without any discomfort?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @wahyd and welcome

Can you give us a bit more information ?
    Are you looking for a permanent solution or occasional ?
    Do you mean via public transport or self controlled ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    wahyd said:
    What are the best transport options for a disabled person to move around in a city without any discomfort?
    Hi @wahyd
    I can only relate to my own specific mobility issues and I must say that without a personal car, travelling is close to impossible by public transport. Having lost my high rate mobility PIP component I am completely housebound and cannot leave my home unaided. 
  • wahyd
    wahyd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks, @CockneyRebel, and @Roddy for your interest.
    Actually, I want to know the views of the disabled people how they travel. what kind of transport they use.?
    I think someone can benefit himself/herself by reading this blog which can sort out their traveling problems.
    Here is the link of a blog:-  https://www.wahyd.com/blog/wheelchair-van-rentals-in-chicago/

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.