ESA assessment: taken out of support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA assessment: taken out of support group

BabyJane
BabyJane Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I would love to say happy to meet you but most people who join communities like this I am desperate and at the end of my rope.

I am so fed up. I had a ESA assessment a few weeks ago and was told not to worry nothing was going to change. I am getting help to manage my anxiety and depression. The women I spoke to said I would be given more time. I now have a letter saying I am being taken out of the support group.

I can not cope. I don't know what to do. I thought I was being helped and supported by they just lied. My mum helps but last night she just sat and cried. she is so tired. she has fought for me all my life. Thus is another fight. I am not sure either of us have the energy for this.

can any please offer advice

Comments

• miracle
    miracle Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Hi @BabyJane, i really feel for you. What The DWP don:t understand, is that Mental Depression, can be worse than a physical disability. I had a complete nervous breakdown in 2001. I stayed in bed for the first six weeks, as i could not focus, and it affected all my body. I lost 3 stone in weight, over the first three months, because my head was so shot, i could not eat anything. It took me over 2 years to get back to something like normal. So i have a lot of empathy for you. How do they think you can function normally, if you head is shot?  Anxiety and depression, affect your normal body function. Because it affects your ability to think straight, it also affects your ability to function properly. The problem is, the DWP don:t see, what is going on, inside a persons head. There will be people on this site, who can give you direction, in what to do next. In the meantime, i wish you the very best, and hope that you can stay calm......Miracle
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi BabyJane and welcome

The assessor should not have indicated that nothing would change, the decision is made by the DWP. You should ask for a copy of the report and write to ask for a mandatory reconsideration
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @BabyJane, this all sounds very stressful, but we'll of course support you as best we can.
    As mentioned by CockneyRebel, you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration. You can find information about this on our page Appealing a DWP benefits decision.

Hope that helps and please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    the decision is made by the DWP

That's what the tell us but it is what the HCP says about you that matters most. If the HCP gave her the points, she would be in the SG now. 

• tipsy
    tipsy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    The exact same thing has happened to me a whole paragraph of lies are these people allowed to do this and who do we report this to  innocent people   are losing benefits that they are entitled to because someone gives false information?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    tipsy said:
    The exact same thing has happened to me a whole paragraph of lies are these people allowed to do this and who do we report this to  innocent people   are losing benefits that they are entitled to because someone gives false information?
    Write a letter to the health assessment providers is the only way to complain about the assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    tipsy said:

It's no good complaining to the assessors about the assessors. All you can do is make a complaint as part of your appeal to the tribunal, explain how they have lied. Use your medical evidence to back it up. If the law means anything in this country, no tribunal can use false evidence against you.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Do NOT talk about the assessor lying at Tribunal. This will not look good. Make a separate, formal complaint to the company.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    Do NOT talk about the assessor lying at Tribunal. This will not look good. Make a separate, formal complaint to the company.
    Great advice, thanks! This is something i constantly advise people. The Tribunal won't appreciate pointing out the lies in the reports.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.