Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

wheresmysmile
wheresmysmile Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can someone please advise, I was originally on enchanced daily living and also 4 points on mobility. Mainly it is my mental health that affects me on a day to day basis.

Sadly I was hit and questioned by an assessor on my review who done a lovely job lieing all over it and even saying I was obese! This caused me to mentally cripple and since my mental health has also drastically gone down.

She had scored me 0 on everything. MR straight in and was awarded standard however still not happy as points was missed completely. 360 pages of evidence as well as mental health letters/supporting letters and doctor supporting letters.

Tribunal was today and the solicitor was kind. He said "Your not here to lose your award but instead we are here to look at the points that can be improved" I'm confused by this.

I was grilled by a doctor that didnt make sense at all on stuff that wasnt based on my mental health but the other two was kind.

Has anyone had this said to them and found they have been rewarded more?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming you didn't have the decision from the Tribunal today? If so then they are usually fairly quick at sending the decision letter so hopefully you'll only be waiting a couple of days.

No one can tell you whether your award will be increased or not because no one knows how your conditions affect you. Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too long. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wheresmysmile
    Hi. Thank you yes it was done today sadly they couldn't tell me the outcome as they was running behind. I just didnt know if anyone had this said to them and it went in their favour. thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    What was said to you means you won't lose your award. When going to a Tribunal if there's any chance at all that you may lose an award or have a lower award then the will warn you before this happens. This then gives you the chance to either cancel the Tribunal or carry on.

Not having a decision on the day isn't a bad thing, lots of people have to wait a few days for the decision in the post.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wheresmysmile
    My main issue was being absolutely terrified of losing my original award, so I guess without losing it? It really isnt as bad. But I hope I get the outcome I want and deserve. Thank you for advising me
  • wheresmysmile
    Hi so they wont give me any information but have said to me the appeal has been allowed and it's gone back to the dwp. They wont tell me what's rewarded but is this a good sign? Have I won? Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.