MR - Diary? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR - Diary?

lloydyd
lloydyd Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi all, need some advice please. I was refused PIP (1st claim) and have put in for an MR. I have since been keeping a diary and received a text from DWP today to allow up to 6 weeks for decision on MR. My question is, is it worth me sending my diary so far to the DWP for consideration or would it be a waste of time at this stage? TIA 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, your MR will be considered on the evidence sent, provided and submitted at your F2F acessment sending more evidence may and should not bring about a better result the same for a tribunal hearing if your conditions get worst it about your conditions and abilities at your F2F.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Hello, your MR will be considered on the evidence sent, provided and submitted at your F2F acessment sending more evidence may and should not bring about a better result the same for a tribunal hearing if your conditions get worst it about your conditions and abilities at your F2F.
    Sorry but i disagree with this. New evidence can indeed be sent to DWP and Tribunal, if it gets that far providing the evidence shows how you were at the time the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Any relevant evidence that applies to the time of the assessment should be submitted at the earliest opportunity, there is no benefit holding on to evidence just to have something new to send to tribunal.
    However, if the evidence is regarding a new condition this will not be considered either at MR or tribunal 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    lloydyd said:
    Hi all, need some advice please. I was refused PIP (1st claim) and have put in for an MR. I have since been keeping a diary and received a text from DWP today to allow up to 6 weeks for decision on MR. My question is, is it worth me sending my diary so far to the DWP for consideration or would it be a waste of time at this stage? TIA 
    Have I got this right - you submitted your evidence along with the claim form, presumably had a face to face assessment which resulted in an unfavourable decision?
    You then started to write out a diary after you received the decision?

So in effect you are writing about what has happened since the claim form was submitted, since the face to face assessment and since the decision notice was sent out?

That to me is not detailing how you were at the time you made the original claim - you can't 'back date' a diary months previously. That diary would only be good if it relates to a claim form you that your difficulties have got worse.
    This is much like asking a carer in say March to write a letter to tell the DWP what you were like in the previous September.

Letters and a diary of that nature should be sent in with the claim form. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.