Been placed in WRAG and desperate for advice please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been placed in WRAG and desperate for advice please

Options
g_b_2019
g_b_2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone,

I'm so grateful to of found this forum. My anxiety is in overdrive today.

I had a home assessment on 19/02/19 and I got a letter in the post yesterday informing me I have been placed in the WRAG group of ESA, the only reason they gave as to why I was placed in this group is " I have potential for the work related activity group ".

I also received a letter from the job centre with an appointment with an assessor for the beginning of April. 

I suffer with severe anxiety and panic attacks, so much so it effects my bladder and bowels, I had evidence from my doctor which I tried to give to the assessor but he said he never needed it, but they used my questionnaire for work compatibility which I filled in October 2017, which since then my whole mental health and issues have since become a lot worse. 
I answered everything the asked but every time I tried to explain myself with how I am now he said its fine I have everything they need, I thought that maybe they had contacted my GP but clearly they haven't.

I don't know what to do, I have all the evidence to prove my mental health effects the simplest of day to day activities, I can't even leave the front door. I've finished my CBT therapy, I just don't know where to turn.
I mentally and physically can't go to see a mentor, and I know my money will get sanctioned if I don't attend which is making me worse as I worry of paying my rent.

So sorry for the long essay but I don't know what to do, or who to speak to as I'm limited with going out so only over the phone is an option. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Why did they use the work capability assessment form from 2017? Didn't you return the form you were sent for this re-assessment?

What group were you previously in?

If you disagree with the decision then you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating the reasons why you think you should be placed into the Support Group. See descriptors for that here and also reg 35 below that.

In the meantime you should speak to your work coach and explain your condition to them. Some are very understanding and will allow phone work focused interviews.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g_b_2019
    Options
    Hi Poppy, Thank you for your reply.

I wasn't sent any questionnaire before my assessment, I was approved a home visit in December 2017, which I had last month, so I've waited a while for my assessment.

I haven't been in a group previously just been sending in sick notes the last 17 months.

Thank you for the links I will take a look

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    :o:o wow you waited all that time for an assessment and then they went by the form you sent 2 years ago :o i would put in a complaint to start with, without any doubts!

Contact DWP and ask to speak to a case manager. You should get a call back within 3 hours. Tell them what you just told me. If you don't have any joy with that then contact your local MP. This is disgusting! https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g_b_2019
    Options
    Poppy, you have been so helpful

I will let you know how I get on, Thank you x 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.