I need some help with ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need some help with ESA

Options
danielson
danielson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I need some help with my ESA, it has been stopped after many years because they say I am capable of some kind of work. The thing is I am unfortunate in that I suffer with drug and alcohol addiction which I am fighting every day of my life. How can i possibly claim jobseekers when i have to drink alcohol every day as well as heroin which I am managing to cut down slowly with the help of methadone and community support. I am afraid I will lose my flat because I cannot pay the rent etc. If I become homeless ,I dare not think how bad my life will become, in fact I would be better off dead. I dont know what to do, please help.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @danielson and welcome

I am sure that some of our members will be able to give you some advice.

When did your ESA stop ?
    Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration ?

You might be best advised to seek trained help from an advice agency near you. CAB or welfare rights for example
    If you need to talk to someone then please ring the Scope help line in the morning

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • danielson
    Options
    Hi cokneyrebel
    My ESA was stopped on the 20/3/19. I have looked on the CAB site and they have a mandatory recon form i can download to fill in and send off. But what about my rent etc in the meantime?
  • danielson
    Options
    Cockneyrebel
    Thank you for your reply.
    danielson

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.