help for disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help for disabled

memaw64
memaw64 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
can i get help for a washing machine as mine as broke and i cant hand wash because of my illnesess

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ memaw64,hello and welcome, we all want something for nothing so in short no, but are you claiming benefits and could you use some or all of that money to buy a second hand mechine from a charity shop. Have you contacted your local council to see if they are able to help or point you in the right direction, some charities will help but sadly they have forms to fill in and it will, may depend on your circumstances, it’s not a straightforward yes we will send one out situation. You may have to make a lot of calls before you get a result.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @memaw64, sorry to hear your washing machine has broken. You might be able to find some help using our grants checker or with a budgeting loan if you're in receipt of any qualifying low income benefits.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @memaw64.....have you considered any of the larger charity stores that sell electrical goods?  My local British Heart Foundation "superstore" sells white goods with a guarantee that have been properly safety checked before sale. There is a delivery charge but their prices are very reasonable. I got a virtually new riser/recliner armchair for about 1/4 of the price of a new one.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.