ESA Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Appeal

sueann
sueann Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi can anybody tell me if it’s true that if appealing an esa decision to go in support group, you won’t be paid esa during appeal period if you have been placed in the ‘capability for work group’ before? Thanks

Comments

• pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    I've been trying to get a straight answere for that elsewhere to no avail yet. Hope you get the answere you require good look with your appeal.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    If esa says your fit to work you do mandatory reconsideration but you don’t get paid if you get refused do tribunal you get paid basic esa get sick note backdated to day you lost esa send it in 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    sueann said:
    Hi can anybody tell me if it’s true that if appealing an esa decision to go in support group, you won’t be paid esa during appeal period if you have been placed in the ‘capability for work group’ before? Thanks
    If you've been placed into the WRAG and you're claiming Income related ESA then payments will continue.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    pigeon55 said:
    I've been trying to get a straight answere for that elsewhere to no avail yet. Hope you get the answere you require good look with your appeal.
    Hi,

I answered this on one of your other threads. You were claiming Contributions based ESA and this is only paid for 365 days. As you passed that time then you won't be paid while waiting for a Tribunal, unless you qualify for Income related.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.