Call recording — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Call recording

alexCM
alexCM Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi All,

I have a memory problem and have for many years used a call recording app to record my phone calls. Google have now taken away this function from my phone with their latest update. In fact its now the case that most phone won't record phone calls. In light of a disability is it possible to ask google as a reasonable adjustment to allow the function on my phone? Or is there another solution? 

Thanks

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi alexCM

Cube Call Recorder ACR for android phones has some good reviews. Free, no ads and you can set what it records.

If you have an iphone not sure.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hello @alexCM, unfortunately the Google update you mentioned has made a lot of these recording apps a bit redundant as many of them will no longer record both sides of the conversation.
    There are call recorder attachments you can buy for your phone, but they obviously won't be as affordable as an app.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • alexCM
    alexCM Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the replies. Which recorder attachments would still work even after this update?
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    I use "Boldbeast" on Android 8.1. Call recording apps have always been tricky and results vary from model to model. Some have free trial versions which might help in choosing.
  • Malcolmblank
    Malcolmblank Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Have you considered exploring third-party call recording apps available on the Play Store? Some of them might offer similar functionalities to what you're used to.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.