Hello ?? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello ??

Options
LisaPB1972
LisaPB1972 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 46 years old, wife and mum to 3 (aged 17,15 and 11 years old. When i was expecting our last child my pelvis gave way, very painful, this was the first real signs I had hEDS, I have also got fibromyalgia, parathyroidism, I had a nervous breakdown about 5 years ago which I haven't really got back to how I was before.

Two of our children, oldest and youngest have hEDS, low ferritin levels which they think is genetic, oldest has also got scoliosis, eczema, raynards and eruptice velus hair cysts, our youngest has also got stomach issues, a syrinx in his spinal cord, nerve damage, chronic sever nose bleeds, migranes, eruptive velus hair cysts and huge feet! as I've said just turned 11 years old and he has to have size 10.5 shoes, we are waiting for orthotics to make him shoes to fit. 

We have lots going on but not a very understanding family on my side, despite me being 1 of 8. My husband's family are busy or to too old to help or support us. I feel very alone a lot of the time, husband is supportive but I think he shuts down when I talk about our problems. 

Anyway if you've reached this far and not fallen to sleep or lost the will to finish reading this I congratulate you. I look forward to reading other posts and supporting others. XX?❤️ 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LisaPB1972 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has been happening, how are you feeling today?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to our community @LisaPB1972, it's great to have you with us. You have so much going on! Please let us know if you have any questions or need advice about anything. In the meantime, feel free to get involved in some of the discussions around here or take a look at our parents and carers group, or our chronic pain group. We're a friendly bunch here and will be happy to offer support or just have a chat if that's what you need.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @LisaPB1972 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

You have come to the right place for information and advice, support.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share .

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.

Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.