Underpayment esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Underpayment esa

Options
Melanie34
Melanie34 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I'm new here I have been on esa from 2011 they put.me on it from income support my money has never been the proper amount I  only now been put on the proper amount how would I find out please its making me worry excessively. And depressed I have phoned them but they fob me off and say you'll have to wait till we get through the back log thankyou

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Have you filled out an ESA3 form and returned it? are you waiting for DWP to make a decision on that form?

It's very difficult to give advice with very little information. The best thing you can do is take all your paper work to an advice centre near you and they will take a look at give you the correct advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PaddythePogue
    PaddythePogue Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
     Hi, in August 2018 my ESA was raised by £16.4 per week. Last week I received the letter asking me about possible unpaid arrears in Oct 2012 to Oct 2013. I believe I will get the premium of £16.4  a week for that year.  But can anyone say if it will be just for that one year, or will it be backdated from 2012/13 to the present? Thanks
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Options
    I got one of these also they just wanted to know about the 1 year I spent on cbesa  from 2012 to 2013. It will probably just mean that period in time if you went from IB to Esacb but not sure. Could ask dwp. I think you only get premiums in Support Group. Have you changed groups during your ESA claim?
  • PaddythePogue
    PaddythePogue Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi Silver925 & thanks for feedback. In August 2018 my payments went up by £16.4 {Enhanced Disability Premium]
    Have I  changed groups during my  ESA claim? - Answer - I'm not sure .  Between 2012 - 2019, I was occasionally interviewed at Job centre but I never had to attend any group. As I say, In August 2018 my payments went up by £16.4 {EDP].to a total of £254.3.. I had been receiving £200.3, [2013] then £202.3 [2014] , then £204.3 [2015] . So, 'twas a big difference to go onto £254.3  Is this any help?  I rang DWP but they weren't any help. Thanks.
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Options
    If you use to attend interviews at Job Center and the amount of money you got then £102.30 then you were in Work Related Activity Group. Sounds like your now in Support Group as premiums are only paid in Support Group. I was on the same amount in wrag then got moved to SG. Did you have Work capability assessment and got moved to SG? If you get moved back to wrag you should still get £102.30 as only new claims get assessment rate

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.