Requesting Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP review time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Requesting Mandatory Reconsideration for PIP review time

fossoux
fossoux Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone.

I’ve just been through the PIP review process and remain in receipt of DL and Mobility components at the enhanced rates.

The next review will be in 2022 and I was wondering whether it’s feasible to request a longer review period.

My disabilities are both physically and mentally based- received DLA (high rates) for 20 years and then transitioned to PIP and again at the enhanced rates for past 3 years.

My disabilities haven’t changed and are unlikely to.

On this basis, can I ask for a MR of the length of time that my current award has been awarded? I realise that the DWP can review at any time, but would be asking for a longer review period due to severe anxiety caused as a result of having face to face assessment.

thank you for any advice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes you can request a longer award length but you'll need to send evidence to prove that your conditions aren't expected to change in the future. They will also look at the whole award again.  Be prepared to take it to Tribunal though because most MR decisions remain the same.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fossoux
    fossoux Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Thank you @poppy123456. Will give it some thought. All the best
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.

My opinion is that asking for a longer period of time because of the anxiety it causes would not be enough reason to give you a longer award length. Everyone going through the review process has anxiety whether they suffer from it or not. It's an extremely stressful time for everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    ilovecats said:
    :
    You can try but mental health conditions, even if enduring are considered to be fluctuating and therefor variable so it is generally always recommended that they are reviewed every 2-4 years.
    And so they should. I am testament to that. I was written off as never going to be a useful member of society again. Now I no longer need medication and work in a responsible position. Mind you after 13 years of treatment you would expect there to be some improvement.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.