Can it be right that PIP can stop your money without warning? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can it be right that PIP can stop your money without warning?

Options
MsM
MsM Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
 Can it be right that PIP can stop your money without warning? I have been in receipt of PIP since 2014 however I received a review form last November and had an assessment last week. I know I will have to wait for a decision up to six weeks, but I didn't receive my money this week. However, my original review assessment didn't end until November 2019 so why have I got to go without until they make their new decision? Is this right? 
I have a mri next week two hundred miles away from where I live and need to stay overnight as I can't cope with the traveling and may have to cancel this now as I can't afford to go for it. (This is for staging for  a endocrine Pancreatic tumour) which I have yearly. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MsM and welcome

You will need to ring the DWP for an answer, Your benefit should be paid until a new decision is made or your end date passed
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.