ESA support group to wrag — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA support group to wrag

susieqboo
susieqboo Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. I have been in the support group contribution based for 3 years. Had recent assessment with hcp 3 weeks ago. I took my esa50 with me and also a detailed letter from my therepist. I have had a letter stating this morning that I have been moved from the support group to the work related activity group. I am wondering what I do next as I think disagree with the decision. Please can you help me. I'm already so stressed as I have and am currently fighting pip, I'm finding things so hard at the moment and feel like I have a double whammy with pip and ESA. 
Any help appreciated at this stage. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say you think you disagree? What you need to do is have a look at the Support Group descriptors and reg 35 to see if any of those apply to you. Support Group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors the majority of the time. If any of those apply then decide whether to request the MR. There's very little point in requesting the MR if none of the descriptors apply to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susieqboo
    Hi 

@poppy123456

Think shouldn't be in there it's a typo as I put something else first then deleted must have forgot to take that bit out. Yes I strongly disagree and yes I believe I should be under the reg 35. I gave the assessor a detailed letter from my therepist stating alot about my condition. So the process is the same as pip? Can I also request the details of what the hcp said about me with ESA? 
  • poppy123456
    Yes it's the same process as PIP, MR first then Tribunal if that fails. Work capability assessment form or ESA85 is what you need to request.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • susieqboo
    @poppy123456

Thanks for getting back to me and I will do that as soon as possible. 
  • susieqboo
    edited March 2019
    Quick question, the letter I have received re telling me what group I have been placed in literally just says support to wrag. I have seen some people mention points and decision makers letter of summery from dwp. I didnt have any of this in my letter?

Do I have something missing ?

I requested the esa85 from a nice lady at the DWP in the mr section. She has sent it and I have received 2 copies this morning.  Very speedy, I dont understand alot of it. Although not as bad as I thought it would be. Complete opposite to my pip report actually, the hcp has been truthful in most part with some things I didnt say or do also, there were alot of important bits missed out aswell, which I will raise in my mr if I do it,  I'm going to try and have a proper read through it later to try and make some sence of it.  

The reason I'm asking all this is the risk going for mr and losing ESA altogether and from what I have read knowing what you scored on if high then it may be less unlikely to change to fit for work ( although I know this is never guaranteed) 

Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    ESA us totally different to PIP and the ESA85 is very difficult to read if you don't fully understand what it's all about.

For WRAG the descriptors are all about scoring the points and you need at least 15, if you did score points for the descriptors then they won't be added up in the report because it's just recommendation and nothing more. You can take a look at the WRAG descriptors here to see if anything matches up.

It could also be that you scored no points at all for the WRAG descriptors and it could have been reg 29 that was recommended. See that here.

Either way, being placed into the Support Group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the support group descriptors the majority of the time or reg 35. See both here.

• susieqboo
    Thanks @poppy123456

Ahh I see so if I go though those descriptors for the wrag and point up what the hcp has put I will get an idea,  I recognise some of those responses on my report. When I have a look through later I will compare it. Thanks very much for your help I  really struggle to get my head around all these different parts to the reports 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.