ESA backpayment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA backpayment

SC83
SC83 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello there this is my first post and I'm looking for a bit of help. I received a letter this week to apply for maybe a backpayment of ESA that was due to me. This is because I was transferred straight over to contribution based ESA instead of the Income based ESA which I was entitled too. After going through old bank statements I have realised that actually I may have been underpaid from 2012 to 2016. Now the form I received said it only related to 2012/13 when I was initially transferred from Incapacity Benefit. So my question is this. Is it possible that the DWP have after the initial year of me being transferred to contribution based ESA made a mistake and not then after the first year transferred me to the Income based ESA, but instead just kept me on Contribution based? Any help would be most appreciated..

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SC83 and welcome

Many people are receiving the ESA3 form, normally it is a straight forward matter of filling in the form and waiting. However as you seem to have an issue with the dates I would suggest that you take all your paperwork to an advice agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar as it is not possible to give advice without seeing your paperwork
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • SC83
    SC83 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi @SC83 and welcome

Many people are receiving the ESA3 form, normally it is a straight forward matter of filling in the form and waiting. However as you seem to have an issue with the dates I would suggest that you take all your paperwork to an advice agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or similar as it is not possible to give advice without seeing your paperwork
    Thanks for the reply, I think I'll wait to see what they say first. Then I'll seek advice, thanks for your help..

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.