CARL58 & hospital — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CARL58 & hospital

Options
CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi CARL58 improving but I also asked to see orthopaedic surgeon I may not name right   about his left hip that has no ball socket severe osteoarthritis as it's been 3yrs since you've refused to operate due to brain injury and epilepsy they've still refused to operate one he's not seizure free two he could possibly die in theatre if he had a seizure there not take the risk so what's next where up the morphine for the pain not a good out come they wouldn't back down even if CARL58 signed a disclaimer. oh the other reason was if they opened him up because there's no ball socket and the thigh is crumbling away they may not be able to attach a socket so they would have opened him up for nothing.sorry for moaning but it's affecting his knee and spine as well nothing we can do at the moment.fed up knocking my head against a brick wall it's a human being where Talking about not a piece of meat wasn't interested jen

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jen

I can understand some of the issues with osteoarthritis. My wife has had serevere osteo and rheumatoid arthritis for most of her life.. She has had three elbow replacements before finally removing her elbow all together. She has had two hip replacements but now due to the errosion of the socket and her bones not healing they are reluctant to do another replacement, so it looks like she will be in a wheel chair soon
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CARL58
    Options
    Cockneyrebel sorry to hear that I guess we just carry on & make there lives as comfortable as possible CARL58 has always been a strong person but over the years he's gone right down hill can't walk unaided no more than a metre or so.then he nearly collapses because of the pain hates having to use a commode hasn't been upstairs for 3yrs tried to get a stair lift put in but stairs aren't wide enough and to steep and he's to big at 6ft4 plus his his weight but cant lose weight because of medication and can't exercise..even tried to get a move to a bungalow adapted but there's along waiting list and bidding is in the hundreds even with health conditions gets no where near it's a catch 22 situation jen
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes We will carry on and do our best, Carl is so lucky to have a friend like you. Many people in similar situations are left to fend for themselves
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CARL58
    Options
    Cockneyrebel that is so true even social services are awaste of time offer nothing because he can't engage in what they want him to do not what CARL58 wants to do I swear they don't listen.epileptic clinic are waste of space to because he has mental health and disibities as they out weigh there treatment nothing they can do except advise on medication.i know for a fact if he has to go for an essential assessment or pip he will kick off because he can't handle change to a set routine  ior stranger's I'm dreading it to be honest because I know he can't help it.must go get ready seeing him at 2pm jen

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.