Backdating LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdating LCWRA

Options
laurenxs
laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi :)
Little bit confused how backdating a lcwra payment works on universal credit. I initially applied for UC on 07/10/18 - at the time having no idea you could apply and be disabled at the same time (i thought my claim would be denied if i stated i wouldn't be able to work). 
Eventually I had my first ID appointment at the job centre this was on 07/11/18. I explained that I did have a disability that would effect me looking for work/working and was told to bring in a sick note at my appointment a week later.
So a week later on 13/11/18 I brought in my sick note and explained to my work coach i didnt know i could declare my disability and my work coach changed my details on the system so on my journal there's an entry where it says "report a health change". When i click on this entry it says 

"Health change

Effective from: 7 October 2018

*my full name* has a health condition which restricts their ability to take up or look for work"

Does this mean that if my LCWRA is backdated they're acknowledging my illness was recorded from 7/10/18? Or from 13/10/18 when I had my first appointment?

Because of the assesment period dates I have for UC the difference in dates means i either get nothing backdated or 2 months backdated so is quite a big difference!

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @laurenxs :) 
    Thank you for sharing this with us. :)
    You may want to call the universal credit helpline: 0800 328 5644 - they open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Laurenxs,

If you are claiming UC the limited capability for work process usually starts once you submit a sicknote. 

What normally happens then is that in about four weeks you should be asked to complete a UC50 form and possibly attend a face to face assessment. If you pass the assessment then you will be awarded either the limited capability for work or limited capability for work related activity element in your UC but from 3 months after your fit note was submitted.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Michael
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.