Hi, my name is tigerlilylady! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tigerlilylady!

Options
tigerlilylady
tigerlilylady Community member Posts: 5 Listener
So nice to be here among so many others who understand how life is and how hard it can be to live as a disabled person. So hiya to you all ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tigerlilylady welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @tigerlilylady it's nice to have you here with us. :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Lovely to have you here @tigerlilylady. How are you today? Please feel free to get involved in our recent discussions and if you need any advice or support, don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tigerlilylady
    Options
    Thanks for being so lovely, glad to meet you all ? I'm housebound unless my husband takes me out in our car. I can't get in lower cars as I have osteoarthritis and a neurological disorder which has taken over my life. What about you guys, do you get out and about? I'm envious if you do ? Only kidding. So nice to feel welcome like this, thank you.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have a garden which you have access to? Or live near shops or anything?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • tigerlilylady
    Options
    Yes, we have an enormous garden, great for family/friends parties and barbecues etc. Only problem is that there is a step to get into the garden, which I can't manage alone. Due to neurological problems, I have bad balance, poor coordination and dizzy spells which lead to falls. So got to be careful. We live in a new build, along with around 80 other homes. Ours is a bungalow, perfect for my wheelchair, although I'm a rebel and insist on using my wheeled walker. Use them or lose them I think with regards to my legs. Shops are up the top of a steep hill. We are among the beautiful river and deer, other wildlife too. Very blessed. I rely on my hubby as my carer, he is in full time work, it keeps him kind of sane. ? He's in remission from leukaemia,  that Was hell to go through witb him suffering so much, definitely puts whats important in life in to crystal clear perspective. I almost lost him 3 times,  so knowing hes back full time is great. He does all cooking, housework, helps me with al I need. My Very own guardian angel. Sorry got to go for now. Our puppy needs to go outside. Bye for now.  
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tigerlilylady

Welcome it’s great to meet you today ? 

That sounds lovely I bet the bungalow is ideal for you!!!!!!

I also have a neurological condition that has turned my life upside down.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help  support you with 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tigerlilylady, it's nice to hear back from you. 
    Is there any way your garden step can be adapted? Getting outside in the garden might be nice for you (when the weather improves! I can't believe how cold it has turned again).
    I'm so glad to hear your husband is in remission, it must have been a very hard time on the both of you. 
    What breed is your puppy?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.