If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Advice needed on EHCP and school support

Teresa2015Teresa2015 Posts: 1Member Listener
My daughters diagnosis in January 2018 was 15q11.2 Bp1 Bp2 deletions syndrome.

In November 2017, DCD said that her primary school were to start an EHCP, she wrote a letter and I gave it to the Senco.
March 2018 the Senco  said they have not enough time as my daughter was in year 6, and that the Secondary school had to do it.
well it April 5th and her secondary school think that she don’t need it til maybe next year as she doesn’t need any help for more than 5 hours.

She also has severe dyslexia and dyscalculia And a very low working memory.

We don’t get any outside help or benefits for her.

Can anyone advise me please, thank you


  • steve51steve51 Posts: 5,861Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Teresa2015

    Good Morning & Welcome to our Community😃😃

    I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

    Yes we do have a section for “Family Service’s” on our site.

    Here’s a link below for you:


    Please please let me know if you need any further help???

  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    @KellyParentAdvisor can you help at all?
    Senior online community officer
  • KellyParentAdvisorKellyParentAdvisor Posts: 32Volunteer community adviser Courageous
    Hi @Teresa2015

    I'm sorry to hear you've been messed around. I hear this all too often, where schools seem to pass the buck. You can apply for an EHCP assessment as a parent, but it's definitely worth trying to get the school to start the process now as if it is rejected, you can then try again with a parent application. 

    Is it 5 hours a day that school are saying she doesn't need help for? If so, that's pretty much the whole school day! 

    Do you have a local SENDIASS team to speak to for advice. Or you could try talking to IPSEA.

Sign in or join us to comment.