Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

can i get any financial help to get help 4 care at home?

SnoopySnoopy Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in Finances and extra costs
Type your messagecan i get any fincal help to get help 4 care at home

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,913 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snoopy welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit more then we can help you as much as we can :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Member Posts: 1,783 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Snoopy on the AGE UK website it says:  If you are eligible for funding support, your local council could pay some or most of the fees. Your local council will carry out a care needs assessment which includes a financial assessment, called a means test, that looks at your income and savings.

If you have a significant health care need the NHS may contribute towards the cost of your care. If you’re eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, your care home placement will be free. Read more here.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Snoopy - do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself so we can see if we can help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,999 Disability Gamechanger
    You could be entitled to Direct Payments from the Social Services. I use these to pay for my care.
    You`ll need a care assessment and the cost will be means tested.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    Hello @Snoopy
    Your local council can help you. The council will also conduct a assessment to determine what would be best for you too. Call them on Monday. This guide to care services is also useful to read https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 21,153 Disability Gamechanger
    This is an old thread from April and snoopy never returned. Hopefully they found the care and support they needed.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.