ESA Query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Query

Silver925
Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Can anyone tell me is it worth sending g esa50 form back special delivery or recorded as I've read on forums that people have done this and they havent been received and they had their money stopped when not their fault. Sent mine back last time through mail box the usual way got there next day. I sent it to Albert Bridge House Manchester that was the return address. Also if you send it back early enough do you still get a reminder etter this would worry me if I had sent it back. 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    I have read the same thing. It's because it's signed for in one department and sent to where it will be actioned, so it could go missing after it's arrived. There is another option. if it's posted at any post office you can ask for proof of posting. The main thing is to have this rather than proof it arrived. It's DWP that are unreliable not Royal Mail. This is only my opinion. 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Cab said send for next day and signed for next day always got there 
  • overthinkingagain
    overthinkingagain Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I too sent mine special delivery and it got there no problems next day, it also gave me piece of mind that i had done all I could and had proof it had been signed for at the address I sent it to. I did get a second letter reminding me to return my ESA50, but in my case it has been generated before I posted the ESA50 back and I had to send mine nearer to the deadline. 
  • Dotty123
    Thank you all this is so upsetting i can’t use my hands but they want me to work ??good luck thank you for letting me know saves worrying 
  • overthinkingagain
    overthinkingagain Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Yes, no need to worry over things you can’t control (easier said than done) take one thing at a time and all the best. 
  • Dotty123
    True thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.